Establishing and maintaining genuine and lasting relationships with stakeholders is critical to an organisation’s long-term sustainability. Organisations that are influential and vital over time keep abreast of the changing opinions of their stakeholders. Emerging social, environmental, demographic, consumer and political trends have the capacity to impact an organisation’s reputation and their ability to remain relevant to their customers.
Ogilvy Illumination’s specialist stakeholder opinion research tools are designed to help organisations understand the attitudes of key stakeholder groups and the environment that they operate in. These insights are a valuable injection of knowledge into organisational strategies, to inform spending and strategy planning decisions. It also enables us to more effectively inform and educate your target publics through a better understanding of their attitudes and opinions.
Ogilvy Illumination canvasses opinions across the full spectrum of audiences including:
- Political: Ministers and their advisers; Members of Parliament; voters in marginal electorates
- Government: bureaucrats; regulators
- Media and commentators: traditional and emerging mediums
- Commercial: customers; competitors; institutional and retail shareholders; employees
- Representative bodies: trade unions; industry associations; special interest groups
- General public
A perceptions audit can be particularly useful for:
- Informing or evaluating the effectiveness of a campaign or thought leadership
- To test target publics’ perceptions of your organisation following a major public announcement or time of change
- Tracking stakeholder perceptions over time
- To build political intelligence to support the development of public policy
- To investigate new markets
- Informing the development of special-purpose communications such as key-note speeches and annual reports